Monday, July 6, 2009

Kendall is "Free"

The other night we went out to dinner at a buffet and Jeremey's mom asked us how much they would charge for Kendall to eat. Jeremey said "I bet she's free" (because she's only 2). Kendall looked at her daddy and said "I'm not free yet, I'm still 2".

Kendall has been so excited for her birthday for a while. She's old enough to understand what birthdays mean. She has been so patient. She knew that her Aunt Brooke had to have her birthday first then it was Kendall's turn. The only thing she has ever said that she wanted for her birthday was a "bubble car". When she woke up this morning it took her a minute to remember what special day it was. She was so excited that her birthday was finally here. We had her present all wrapped up and had some balloons waiting for her. She was so cute and even let me get her dressed and do her hair before she opened it.

For those of you who don't know what a bubble car is, this is it.


After a few minutes of playing it was off to get ready for her little party. Kendall invited a few of her little friends. We have a clubhouse in our community and we used it today for the party.

Jeremey's parents and younger sister came down for a couple of days for her birthday. Grandma and Shyanne got Kendall her cake.


Kendall had a lot of fun at her party. It was a short party since Kendall and her friends are still pretty little. We did "pin the tail", a dance party, and little games for 2-3 year olds. And, of course, the cake.



Then it was present time.


Thank you to all who gave and sent her presents. Thanks G Grandma King, Brooke, Grandma H, Bonny B, Grandma and Grandpa Moab, and all her little friends. I know Kendall had a really great day. Also thanks for coming for Kendall's special day to Grandma and Grandpa Moab and Shyanne. We had a lot of fun with you guys here and it meant a lot that you came. We love our little Kendall. She is a very special part of our lives. She makes us laugh every day. She makes our hearts melt when she gives us loves. She makes us grateful for her obediance. We are so glad that we get to have her in our family. I think that kids birthdays are almost just as special for their parents. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Kendall is a sweet little girl and I am glad she got her one wish for her birthday. And yes I do think that parents take their kids birthdays just as special- at least for me it is always a rush of memories of their actual birth day and of what they have grown up to be. Happy Birthday "little" Kendall.

Brady said...

How rude you never invited me!! I see how she is already hating her uncle Brady.

JRO said...

Happy birthday to Kendall from Jenna and Barry. Wish we could have been there. She's such a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!! I don't facebook and we missed you in town yesterday. :) Hope all is going well. The girls saw your truck yesterday and Hailey said, "Maybe the changed their mind and they are back." You will be missed and remembered forever!!

P.S. Sunday went over just fine but still no set teacher (I don't think). :)