Ok so this is Jeremey writing this so bare with me...
I had a really cool experience today and wanted to share. About 4 years ago my mom was at a soccer game and found a ring in the grass, it looked like a class ring, in fact when my mom showed it to me she said "look at this class ring I found". After further looking at it I said "mom do you know that this it" it was a National Championship ring from the 1990 Fresno State softball team. I told my mom she had to find the owner of this because I was sure it ment a lot to them. Well, years later brianne and I were at my parents house and saw the ring (she had not tried to find the owner). Since Brianne is SOOOOOOO good at Geneology i told her to take the ring and try and find the owner. Brianne put it in her purse and that was the last I saw of it. well again I saw the ring about a week ago, Brianne had forgoten about it, so I said it was my goal to find the owner. On all rings like this they have the name engraved on the inside, but I did not know if that was a maiden name or what. After searching google and all other websites under the name (sorry if I called you out of the blue like a stalker) I decided to call the media relations department at Fresno State University. They refered me to a derect line to the Softball office and the assistant that had been there forever. after talking with her we decided that this person was a student trainer for the team at the time, but she did not have any info about where she would be now. So i was back to the iinternet searching. Well I found her today and of all places FACEBOOK, I sent her an email this morning and she called me within 1 hour. she called me crying and saying that she was so happy to hear from me and that I had taken the time to return her ring. We talked for about 30 minutes. She gave me her address in Lehi and I will mail it to her today.
There is no real point to this story but I though I would share what had happened.
2 comments:
That is such a good story. I am glad you shared it.
That gave me the goose bumps...it fun to read a REAL LIFE feel good story! :)
Post a Comment