Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fun Family Friday

Yesterday we decided to have a family day. Since it's spring break down here and awesome weather we went hiking at Red Cliffs. We had a blast!! We hiked up a trail that led to some Indian ruins. The girls did really great hiking. Kendall wouldn't stop talking or singing the whole way. She was so excited to go hiking like her friend Emma did.
One reason we decided to do something fun was because Brynlee had been in trouble the day before and had been grounded. We are trying to teach her that if she is good even when she doesn't want to be, she gets more privileges and we get to do things. Bryn was very good while she was grounded and she was so good yesterday. It was nice to just have fun with the kids without always telling them "don't" or "stop that"
Kendall is definitely related to Bryn. They are both so scared of bugs. Ants, flies, even lizards. One time I told Kendall that there were lizards all along the trail and she freaked out.

I'm not sure why Kendall always looks sad in all these pics. She had the time of her life and almost couldn't stop smiling.
It wasn't all fun though. Jeremey had a conference call in the middle of the hike. It is a rare occasion when he is not on his phone working
We let Bryn be the trail leader. This was so fun for her. She really got into it. She would even hold bushes out of our way so we could pass without getting scratched. Good Job "trail leader Brynlee"

We decided to cap off our Fun Family Friday with a campout on our tramp. At first just Jeremey and the girls were going to sleep outside but it looked like so much fun I couldn't resist joining in. As soon as Jeremey woke up this morning, he looked at me and said " I can't believe we did it" We both thought for sure we would end up in the house before morning. The girls were so good. It was warm as long as you were in your sleeping bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!! I bet we woke you up!! I sent the girls in the backyard this morning and had to get after them quite a few times. I looked at the clock once and thought, "Oh no the Kings camped out last night but surely they went in in the middle of the night." So sorry if we woke you but kudos for staying out through the night. Next time I will remember that. :)

Shelly said...

How fun. Those are the times your kids will always remember. You are such good parents. It is good to run into you at Wal Mart every once in a while. Are you going to the new one now??? If not, we may not run into each other anymore!!